Tuesday 19 November 2013

Met My Friend in Calgary


After two weeks, when he arrived back in China, he told me that he had bought a lot of gifts for family, but he didn't have a tour.
Last month, my friend, Fenglu, came to Calgary. He came here just for a short job training, and in his free time he wanted to have a tour of Calgary. So, I told him something about shopping, traveling, and living in Calgary. I said, “ Safety comes first when you go to another city, but you don’t have to wary about safety in Calgary. It’s a safe city, no matter if you traveling, living or shopping; however, you should be careful of you manners when riding bus or c-train.” So, I told him c-train and bus etiquette.
Don’t litter on C-train or bus, checks ticket yourself before get on C-train, don’t eat food on C-train, don’t make eye contact with stranger and so on. Moreover, when you go shopping, you should go to mails where there are a lot of shops, and Cross-iron Mail, Chinook mail, and Market Mail are bigger in Calgary, and price is cheaper. Also, I told him which brand is cheaper than China, which brand is same price as China, and which brand is more expensive than China. Finally, we talk about traveling, and he told me he wanted having a tour of Calgary. I said, “Calgary has many beauty place where you can go sightseeing, but it’s too cool, maybe you can have a tour of Banff International Park.” After two weeks, when he arrived back in china, he told me that he had bought a lot of gifs for family, but he didn’t have a tour.

1 comment:

  1. Good use of vocabulary from Unit 5. Banff is a popular place to visit, but I also recommend Waterton National Park (in southwestern Alberta, near the border with Montana). It has great scenery as well, but it's not as crowded.

    Corrections:
    I said, "Safety comes first when you go to another city, but you don't have to worry about safety in Calgary. It's a safe city, no matter if you're traveling, living or shopping; however, you should be careful of your manners when riding a bus or C-train."

    After two weeks, when he arrived back in China, he told me that he had bought a lot of gifts for family, but he didn't have a tour.

    ReplyDelete